Software Development Intern
Software Development Intern at a Fast-Paced Tech Startup
Are you passionate about developing user-facing software? Do you want to work at a fast-paced startup? Do you care about green energy and want to make a difference in fighting climate change? NewGrid is a Boston-based cleantech software startup set on improving the operation of the electricity grid. Our technology can be used to increase the use of renewable resources while improving grid reliability and reducing the cost of electricity at the same time.
NewGrid has a fast-paced work environment and we seek talented employees who crave learning new skills and aren’t afraid to tackle big projects. As an intern you will get to work with our senior and executive staff and will work on real projects that will help us grow.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about software development, is detail-oriented, and can work autonomously without shying away from responsibility.
What You Will Learn:
- How to use Python to perform numerical analysis
- How to scale Python to work with multiple processors
- How to communicate with third-party software using external APIs
- How to develop, automate and run unit and performance tests
- How to implement a UI using PyQt
- How to perform UI usability testing
- Much more – you will work closely with our Senior Software Engineer and other team leaders
What We Require:
- Background in computer science
- Knowledge of Python and Git; knowledge of Numpy, Pandas, and/or PyQt libraries is a plus; experience with design, especially of user interfaces, would be an asset
- Ability to work in a highly organized and meticulous manner; ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Ability to learn quickly and independently
The position start and end dates are negotiable. Interns are expected to work at least 16 hours a week (40 hours a week is preferred), for at least 12 weeks.
If this sounds interesting we want to hear from you. Please send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing the Software Development Intern position in the email subject.