Software Engineer / Senior Software Engineer
Software Engineer / Senior Software Engineer at Energy Software Startup
NewGrid is a Boston-based cleantech software startup set on making the bulk electricity grid more efficient, reliable, and clean energy friendly. NewGrid’s optimization technology enables a significant increase in the utilization and transfer capacity of the transmission grid. The transmission capacity unlocked by NewGrid software increases the use of renewable resources while improving grid reliability and reducing the cost of electricity at the same time.
Our team is made of engineers, researchers, software developers and economists who jointly have decades of experience in power systems and markets analysis and design. NewGrid’s founders are at the forefront of electricity industry innovation and have successfully launched other startups. With DOE ARPA-E support and collaborating with the largest grid operators in the US, our founders led the first team to ever produce practical grid reconfigurations for application in large-scale systems.
NewGrid is actively engaged in the cleantech ecosystem in the US and abroad. NewGrid is a member of Greentown Labs, the largest cleantech startup incubator in the United States, and a founding member of the WATT coalition of advanced transmission technology companies. NewGrid has been supported by MassCEC, MassVentures and the National Science Foundation.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve NewGrid software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in software development.
- Experience with Python or other object general purpose object-oriented programming languages.
- Master’s, PhD degree, further education or experience in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or other technical related field.
- Experience in electric power systems and in power system analysis software.
- 4 years relevant professional work experience in software development.
- Experience with UI/UX design and development.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing the Software Engineer / Senior Software Engineer position in the email subject.